Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Trying to get back to normal again, with some new twists!
The Monroe Library is back to regular hours for Fall 2021. We're making a few changes and adding some new features for this semester that we hope you'll like. We also have to be careful about our health risks, so here are some updates for this semester.
Masks are Required. Food and Drink is Limited
Masks are required in all shared spaces in the library. Unless you are alone in a library study room, you may not remove your mask to eat or drink. Food and drink will not be permitted in library classrooms or study spaces.
The Desk is open and Reserves are back!
Our front desk is reopening and we will be offering textbooks on reserve. Check to see if we are offering ebook versions of your textbooks as well. Go to this link to search for materials on physical reserve. Go to the catalog and pull down the menu to seach Ebooks for etextbooks.
We're back to booking rooms!
It will be possible to book seminar rooms and multimedia rooms this year. Use this form to request a room booking.
New and easier way to stream video in Canvas through Kaltura
You can now create your own links to video that the library owns in Canvas, through Kaltura. Jim Dugan has created this helpful guide for creating links. Contact Jim for help, if you can't figure it out.
The Monroe Library must own the video we stream in your courses. We can't stream your personal copies or DVDs that you have borrowed through interlibrary loan or from other libraries. To request DVDs/video that we don't own, use this form. If you need further assistance, contact William Ransom.
Request laptops, iPads or hotspots
If you are a student and need to request a laptop, iPad, or wifi hotspot for the semester, please fill out this form. If you need a shorter term loan of a laptop, request one from Media Services using this form. We'll get back to you shortly about filling your request. We will not offer 6 hour loans of laptops at the front desk. We know that students who use our laptops regularly need them for the semester.
Visitors to the Library and Reciprocal Borrowing
We are allowing visitors in the library. We welcome LOUIS reciprocal borrowers, TULU borrowers, alumni, visiting researchers, and community borrowers back to our building. Masks must be worn inside the building. Reciprocal borrowers must bring a card from their own institution before using our library.
We're still allowing on-shelf holds!
Our collections will be open, once again, for browsing, or finding your own books, but we know that some of you loved being able to request your books from us and have them available, so we're continuing on-shelf holds.
- Go to https://lalo.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/loyola. Search the catalog for the items. When you click on the title of an item that you would like to check out, you’ll see a gold colored Place Hold button on the right side.
- Click on Place Hold, and use your sso credentials to place the hold. If you don't have sso credentials, you may call the front desk at 504-864-7111 to have holds placed for you.
- Place holds on each item that you would like to check out. If the item is not on the shelf (MUSIC, STACKS, or DVD), but is on-order, in process, or checked out to someone else, we will contact you to let you know when the item is available.
- We will receive a report of the items that you have selected and will pull them from the shelves, check them out to you, and package them for pickup.
- You will receive an email from us indicating that your materials are ready for pickup. You may come pick them up from the front desk.
Need help finding library materials in the catalog? Contact your librarian liaison for an appointment or email email@example.com and we’ll refer you to someone who can assist you.