Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Back to normal hours. Opening to the public on 3/7/22.
We have resumed normal hours, as of January 30th. Check the library's hours page for the details.
We will reopen the front doors and be open to the general public, as of Monday, 3/7. The university will drop its mask mandate as of 3/9/22 and we will allow food and drink in the library again.
If you have general questions, comments, or concerns about the library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Desk is open and Reserves are back!
Our front desk is open and we are offering textbooks on reserve. Check to see if we are offering ebook versions of your textbooks as well. Go to this link to search for materials on physical reserve. Go to the catalog and pull down the menu to search Ebooks for etextbooks.
New and easier way to stream video in Canvas through Kaltura
You can now create your own links to video that the library owns in Canvas, through Kaltura. Jim Dugan has created this helpful guide for creating links. Contact Jim for help, if you can't figure it out.
The Monroe Library must own the video we stream in your courses. We can't stream your personal copies or DVDs that you have borrowed through interlibrary loan or from other libraries. To request DVDs/video that we don't own, use this form. If you need further assistance, contact William Ransom.
Request laptops, iPads or hotspots
If you are a student and need to request a laptop, iPad, or wifi hotspot for the semester, please fill out this form. If you need a shorter term loan of a laptop, request one from Media Services using this form. We'll get back to you shortly about filling your request. We will not offer 6 hour loans of laptops at the front desk. We know that students who use our laptops regularly need them for the semester.
Book a library room!
It will be possible to book seminar rooms and multimedia rooms this year. Use this form to request a room booking.
Media Services is open weekdays 8 am - 5 pm while classes are in session on campus. Our staff can be reached at email@example.com or 504-864-7120. For more information please visit our website.
We're still allowing on-shelf holds!
Our collections will be open, once again, for browsing, or finding your own books, but we know that some of you loved being able to request your books from us and have them available, so we're continuing on-shelf holds.
- Go to https://lalo.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/loyola. Search the catalog for the items. When you click on the title of an item that you would like to check out, you’ll see a gold colored Place Hold button on the right side.
- Click on Place Hold, and use your sso credentials to place the hold. If you don't have sso credentials, you may call the front desk at 504-864-7111 to have holds placed for you.
- Place holds on each item that you would like to check out. If the item is not on the shelf (MUSIC, STACKS, or DVD), but is on-order, in process, or checked out to someone else, we will contact you to let you know when the item is available.
- We will receive a report of the items that you have selected and will pull them from the shelves, check them out to you, and package them for pickup.
- You will receive an email from us indicating that your materials are ready for pickup. You may come pick them up from the front desk.
Need help finding library materials in the catalog? Contact your librarian liaison for an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll refer you to someone who can assist you.