Loyola University Bulletins
The Loyola Bulletins act as course catalogs for the university. Bulletins for 1855-56 through 1876-77 are for Jesuits' College. The name of the school changed to College of the Immaculate Conception in latter year. Bulletins for early 1910s through early 1920s are for high school and grammar school departments. Loyola College was the next forerunner of Loyola University. After Loyola University was formed, the college was a grammar and high school. The general bulletins continued to be published to the present day. Individual colleges and schools within Loyola published bulletins as well. Loyola’s bulletins were digitized by the LYRASIS Mass Digitization Collaborative with funding from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. Note: Monroe Library's Special Collections & Archives does not have copies of the School of Dentistry's earliest bulletins, but 1914-1923 have been digitized by the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and are also available in the Internet Archive.
This collection documents the history of libraries and library staff at Loyola University New Orleans. At this time the collection is comprised of Library Newsletters from 1983-2009 from the University Periodicals Collection. These are available through the Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), an online library of Louisiana institutions that provides over 144,000 digital materials.
The Maroon, the student newspaper of Loyola University New Orleans, has been published since 1923. The Maroon covers student life, campus activities, cultural and athletic events, Loyola University New Orleans administration, faculty and staff, and other features. These are available through the Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), an online library of Louisiana institutions that provides over 144,000 digital materials.
The Wolf, the yearbook of Loyola University, has been published since 1924. The yearbooks contain invaluable information about student life, classes, and faculty. The Wolf Yearbooks were digitized by the LYRASIS Mass Digitization Collaborative with funding from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and are available via the Internet Archive.