- Are usually brief, less than five pages.
- Often contain many photographs and graphics.
- Usually do not have citations and/or a bibliography.
- May not list an author; if an author is listed, he or she is often not an expert.
Where Can You Find Popular Articles?
Popular articles are generally found in newspapers, magazines, and trade publications. Examples of popular publications include People, Sports Illustrated, Newsweek, and Time.
- Are published frequently, weekly or monthly
- Contain many advertisements
- Have familiar titles and are usually sold at newsstands and bookstores
- Often have glossy pages
- Are intended to entertain or inform the general reader; language is simple and presumes the reader has no background in the topic.